I just reached home about an hour ago.
The trip was fun and it taught me more about myself. The first few days before the competition was bad but it improved after awhile. Amazing, I thought I was one of a kind to keep a personal diary so I can post my entries on my blog later but Joseph did the same. haha damn. I'm not unique anymore am I? XD
I'm kinda tired now cuz I slept minimally on the journey back. I had a movie marathon with Joshua and it was really fun. A pity we didn't get to chat though. We have so much to talk about. hahaha. We have to talk about our future!
So I guess I'll post those entries up tomorrow.
On the whole, the trip wouldn't have been enjoyable without my girlfriends, the bushboy and Adam. I saw a side of yukang and samuel that I've never seen before! I'm gonna call them kangkang and samsam from now on. And I know I won't be the only one doing that.
Europe is freaking pretty with its gothic cathedrals with rococo-styled architecture. The boulevards and platz-es are nice for walking. Out of the 3 places that I've been to, I think Sopron is the prettiest! With its cobbled stones and cathedrals and monuments, I think it's even prettier than Vienna and Bratislava. I will miss Sopron very much.
And yepps choir got a Gold for Festa Choralis Bratislava! The experience of performing there was great and although many of us feel that the Gold wasn't deserved, I'm glad we got it anyway. It is a really great encouragement to me, being a JC1. We must continue to improve ourselves! =)
Shopping there was fun too, if you exclude the short gasps in between viewing the price tag of each item. The items there are so well-crafted, they'll take your breath away. Sadly their prices can achieve the same effect too. I bought loads and loads of chocolates, most of them containing liquor. I really should stop being obsessed with alcohol. I drank a bottle of Barcadi's at Amsterdam Schiphol before boarding the plane and my face grew all red. Thankfully I had my newly bought cap to shield my face from the teachers.
I spent about 75 Euros in total and I think that's okay, unlike SHARIFAA! which I shall not mention the sum she spent. She just bought 5 bags and a few other stuff. XD
My best buy has got to be the Hungarian amulets and the 2 bottles of brandy I got from Sopron. I'm giving the amulets away though; I'm happy just to be able to buy something so exquisitely hand-crafted. I don't believe in amulets but well, they look nice and as long as you don't believe in those stuff it wouldn't hurt right. =) One bottle of brandy is for my dad and the other is for me. I haven't tried brandies before anyway! Hope they taste nice.
It's weird how initially I didn't want to leave Singapore for Europe but when it was time to leave Europe, I didn't want to return. hahaha. I'm gonna miss the cold nights at 9 degree celsius to the morning breeze at 15 degree celsius to the light drizzle which they consider to be "rain".
However I missed my family so I'm glad to be back in hot and sunny Singapore for them. And of course I missed someone very much. Europe would be so much nicer if you had been there with me.
To end my incessant rants, I would like to thank everybody out there who has been praying or thinking of me. My love goes out to you all! I'll let you have some of my chocolates. XDD
And thank you to DAJIE who uploaded this new skin. yeah yeah, no more hidden words. You did a wonderful job. =)
LASTLY. Thanks to JOSHUA and his wonderful parents for sending me home from the airport. You saved me time and money and I'm really glad for the offer. Thanks for hanging out with me on the trip and enduring the unnecessary scandals from some people in the choir. You're a really good friend and the trip would have been so much more boring without our bushboy. Hope you find your bush soon!
haha what kind of a wish is that. =x
Alright ciao. I just realised it's an italian word.