Although I've just been to a Planetshakers concert, the music that really made my day today were from Switchfoot and John Mayer. I just realized I love John Mayer's songs a lot after listening to Continuum at the Esplanade Library. XD
One song that I can really relate to is this.
The Beautiful Letdown - Switchfoot
It was a beautiful letdown
When I crashed and burned
When I found myself alone
Unknown and hurt
It was a beautiful letdown
The day I knew
That all the riches this world had to offer me Would never doIn a world full of bitter pain
And bitter doubts
I was trying so hard to fit inFit in,
until I found out I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I will carry a cross and a songWhere I don't belong
I don't belong
It was a beautiful letdown
When You found me here
Yeah,
for once in a rare blue moon I see everything clearI'll be a beautiful letdown
That's what I'll forever be
And though it may cost my soulI'll sing for free
We're still chasing our tails
In the rising sun
In our dark water planet still spinning
In a direction no one wins
No one's won.
See, I don't belong here (I don't belong)
Well, I don't belong here, I don't belong
I will carry a cross
With a song where I don't belong
I don't belong
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
No, I don't belong here, I don't belong
I'm gonna set side
And set sail
For the kingdom come, kingdom come
Your kingdom come
Won't you let me down, yeah
Let my foolish pride forever let me downAh, Easy living, you're not much like the name
Easy dying, you look just about the same
Would you please take me off your list
Easy living please c'mon and let me down
We are a beautiful letdown
Painfully uncool
The church of the dropouts
The losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools
What a beautiful letdown
Are we salt in the wound
Hey, let us sing one true tune
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
It feels like I don't belong here, yeah
It goes like I don't belong here
I don't belong (I don't belong)
Won't you let me down (I don't belong)
C'mon and let me down (I don't belong)
You always let me down (I don't belong)
So glad that I'm let down (I don't belong)
C'mon and let me down (I don't belong)
'Cause I don't belong here
Won't you let me down!
Shoutouts to some people, some of whom would perhaps never see this.
Ashton - I was really surprised to see your name pop up on my handphone after so long. It seems like ages since we last chatted. I do hope we'll have more time to chat since we've both settled down in our own educational institutes? I'm really sorry for being distracted by so many other stuff to miss catching up with an old friend.
Fanching - I enjoyed myself a lot hanging out today with you and I'm really glad I went out today instead of STUDYING (though I know I ought to). It was the freaking shortest passport queue I've ever been to; utterly disappointing. XD Glad that we're back to our old selves once more, suaning each other from time to time with the old friendship back again. And oh, you're cute in your own way, so believe that you're cute so you wouldn't have to act-cute! XD You'll always always always be my best friend and I HAD BETTER BE YOURS TOO. MUAHAHAHA. (: And I will pass my mid years so, be ready to treat me to NYDC. heh.
John Goh - You're still nice as ever even though I realized I've been kinda nasty to you in the past. I can never thank you enough for the small actions you've done, like buying Pocky for me when I was in the queue for Planetshakers. I insisted I wasn't hungry although I didn't eat dinner but you bought Pocky for me anyway. I'll always be grateful for that. And of course for Tigger and the SAJC bear too. haha.
Wilson - Sometimes I feel that you're kinda distant from me even though we may be keeping in contact. And I really hope that you take it easy on me cuz I'm trying to be a friend in the best way I can, though it may seem like I've forgotten or ignored you on purpose, it never is that way. Bleah, I was hoping we could meet up during the holidays to catch up and just slack but I guess time isn't on our side huh? I've yet to pass you your birthday present! =( And I can't treat you to food at Coro either cuz you're sick of it. haha damnn. Recommend a good place to eat or else I'll drag you down to town one day to eat!
Hsienyong - Your daughter speaketh; rest well and don't pressure yourself too much! damn I feel like meeting you up to kick you for every bad or negative statement you say about yourself. Every time you give up on yourself, you know how hurting it can be to those who care? Grr. You'll always be a good friend (uhh.. father) to me and I absolutely won't agree with you saying you're lousy or whatsoever. Jia you with juggling your cca role and schoolwork; remember you're not superman but just cast your cares on God and He'll carry all your burdens if you'll just carry His yoke, for it is light! =D
Mehh I'm tired. The 3rd week is coming to a close and I'll be so darn screwed if I don't do my revision properly. I must study hard during the 4th week to earn my NYDC treat from Fanching! fwahahaha, I want that treat, especially since it's from FANCHING. It's rare to have him treat me. =p
Oh and reminder to myself, Fanching owes me $8.75. (:
Once again, congratulations to the CJC hockey team, especially to Ryan! heh, well done and keep up the winning mentality.
On to sleep! Gonna have my first piano lesson in ages tomorrow, let's see how much Jeanette has to say about me.